News About COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Coronavirus symptoms: What are they and how do I protect myself?
- What should I do to keep myself and my loved ones safe?
- Practical steps recommended by the CDC.
- How is COVID-19 like the flu?
- The senior director of infection prevention at Johns Hopkins explains how the flu and COVID-19 are similar and how they are different.
- Map of confirmed COVID-19 cases worldwide
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center created a regularly updated map of all confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide.
- Coronavirus Misinformation Tracking Center
- Lists news and information sites in the U.S., the U.K., France, Italy, and Germany that have so far been identified as publishing materially false information about the virus.
- Experiment Demonstrates Why Handwashing Matters
- A classroom experiment using slices of bread demonstrates the importance of washing your hands.
- FAQ from the WHO about Novel Coronavirus
- The World Health Organization answers questions such as "what is coronavirus?" and "who is at risk?"
- Coronavirus information from MedlinePlus
- Includes encyclopedia information and links on the coronavirus group of viruses. No longer being updated.
- The Big Picture: Coronavirus Facts and Charts
- Compiled charts from a variety of sources.
- The Novel Coronavirus Outbreak Special Edition feed
- The Novel Coronavirus Outbreak Special Edition feed aggregates research papers, preprints, and other content from over 30,000 authoritative sources across the web to make the discovery of related, trusted information faster and more comprehensive for researchers, medical practitioners, and the general public. It includes research that the Wellcome Trust and publishers worldwide are making freely available in the wake of the outbreak.
- COVID-19 Safety & Health
- The U.S. Department of Labor provides information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak.
- COVID-19 Data Resource Center
- LexisNexis interactive visualization of at-risk populations and care capacity risks.
- COVID-19 Resources
- Links to research and guidance on COVID-19, selected by the World Association of Medical Editors
- Homeland Security Digital Library COVID-19 Collection
- The Homeland Security Digital Library has collected over 3,000 COVID-19 resources on COVID-19 and past strategies, policies, and operational related documents from past epidemics and pandemics.
- The Coronavirus Corpus
- The Coronavirus Corpus is designed to be the definitive record of the social, cultural, and economic impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in 2020 and beyond.
- Our goal is to help accelerate scientific research, with tools to visualize the emerging literature network around COVID-19. Use our exploratory search tools to find out what groups are working on what directions, see how biomedical concepts interact and evolve over time, and discover new connections.
Local Government COVID-19 Dashboards
The below links lead to DC, Virginia, and Maryland dashboards about the COVID-19 crisis.
These pages generally include current data, policies, and status updates at the state or local level. Additional information may be found on county pages, as well as other local and regional dashboards.
Washington DC Pages
- DC Mayor's Coronavirus Dashboard: coronavirus.dc.gov/
- Virginia.gov "Coronavirus in Virginia": www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Dashboard: www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/