Catholic University's professional program in architecture is fully accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), the sole agency authorized to accredit U.S. professional degree programs in architecture. The school received the maximum term of accreditation during its last review in April 2015.
In the United States, most registration boards require a degree from an accredited professional degree program as a prerequisite for licensure. The National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), which is the sole agency authorized to accredit professional degree programs in architecture offered by institutions with U.S. regional accreditation, recognizes three types of degrees: the Bachelor of Architecture, the Master of Architecture, and the Doctor of Architecture. A program may be granted an eight-year term, an eight-year term with conditions, or a two-year term of continuing accreditation, or a three-year term of initial accreditation, depending on the extent of its conformance with established education standards.
Doctor of Architecture and Master of Architecture degree programs may require a non-accredited undergraduate degree in architecture for admission. However, the non-accredited degree is not, by itself, recognized as an accredited degree.
The Catholic University of America, School of Architecture and Planning offers the following NAAB-accredited degree programs:
- Master of Architecture, Two Year, Professional degree, 60 graduate credits
- Master of Architecture, Three Year, Professional degree, 111 graduate credits
Disclosure on Professional Licensure
Next accreditation visit for all programs: 2023
NAAB Conditions and Procedures
- 2015 Procedures for Accreditation
- 2014 Conditions for Accreditation
- 2020 Procedures for Accreditation
- 2020 Conditions for Accreditation
Architecture Program Reports, Annual Reports, and Visiting Team Reports
- 2015 NAAB Letter of Accreditation
- 2014 Architecture Program Report
- 2014 Visiting Team Report
- 2017 Interim Progress Report
- 2017 Interim Progress Report Response
- 2020 Interim Progress Report
- 2021 Interim Progress Report NAAB response
Licensure and Exams