- Emily Oldham, Dan Ruck, Ian Walker, Azzam Alosaimi, Martin McCallum, Elham Alikhani, Faisal Alhassani, and Fallon Johnson, ASHRAE 2017 Integrated Sustainable Building Design (ISBD) Competition – Second Place (Hyojin Kim: Faculty Advisor), Student travel scholarship for attendance at the 2018 ASHRAE Winter Meeting, January 2018.
- Emily Oldham, ASHRAE Graduate Student Grant-in-Aid Award, “Quantifying Non-Energy Benefits of High-Performance, Urban Elementary School Buildings,” ASHRAE, $10,000, July 2017.
- Begona Blasco, 1st Place in Takoma Park Kilowatt Smackdown competition by Green Impact Campaign, $3,000, February 2016.
- Emily Oldham, 3rd Place in Takoma Park Kilowatt Smackdown competition by Green Impact Campaign, $500, February 2016.
- Begoña Blasco, Marie Sheehan, Ahmad Dhafar, Felipe Martins, Alexandra Barrera, and Alejandra Rossi, ASHRAE 2015 Integrated Sustainable Building Design (ISBD) Competition – Rising Star (Hyojin Kim: Faculty Advisor), Student travel scholarship for attendance at the 2016 ASHRAE Winter Meeting, January 2016.
- Begoña Blasco, Alejandra Rossi, Matt Johnson, Lisa Nguessan, Erin Macchione, and Charlene Dickens, 3rd Place in a city-wide student energy assessment competition by Green Impact Campaign, $250, April 2015.
- Harvest Home, 2013 Solar Decathlon Competition entry, awarded Presidential Citation in Sustainable Design by AIA|DC.
- Michael Spinelli, Kelly Reed, and David Niven, "AGU Net-Zero Energy Retrofit Project Sustainability Interns", MGAC, $2,000 per student per semester, 2016 to 2017.
- Emily Oldham, Society of Building Science Educators (SBSE) North American Passive House Conference (NAPHC) 2016 travel scholarship, $625 + registration fees, September 2016.
- Majd Hijazi, Society of Building Science Educator (SBSE) Solar 2015 Travel Scholarship to present a paper "Re-thinking daylighting spot measurements" at the 2015 American Solar Energy Society (ASES) Solar Conference, $600, July 2015.
- Oldham, E. and H. Kim. 2018. IAQ in high-performance, urban schools: A review. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality and Climate-Indoor Air 2018, Philadelphia, PA, Extended Abstract Paper ID 781 (July).
- Williamson, J. and H. Kim. 2017. Calibrating residential building energy models using hourly utility data. Building Simulation 2017, San Francisco, CA (August).
- Pongiglione, M., C. Calderini, and G. Guy. 2017. A new demountable seismic-resistant joint to improve industrial building reparability, International Journal of Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment 8(3).
- Sheehan, M. and H. Kim. 2016. Analysis of energy efficiency retrofit measures for single-family residential buildings in Fairbanks, Alaska. Proceedings of the 32nd International PLEA Conference, Los Angeles, LA (July).
- Wilson, C. and H. Kim. 2015. Analysis of low-energy envelope and lighting measures for single-family dwellings in the West Indies. Proceedings of the 2015 ARCC Conference, Chicago, IL (April).
- Hijazi, M., M. Sheehan, J. Fosbenner, and H. Kim. 2015. Re-thinking daylighting spot measurements. Proceedings of the Solar 2015 Conference, University Park, PA (July).