The Patrick Cardinal O'Boyle Foreign Studies Competition involves the participation of all senior students of the Bachelor of Science in Architecture of the School of Architecture & Planning during the Fall semester of every year. Students join diverse studios dealing with issues that build upon the conceptual, formal, and tectonic body of knowledge built during previous design studios. At the end of the semester, each section selects its top projects to be presented to an external jury that has never participated in the development of the studios. This jury selects a winner per section.
The Award for each Section is a cash prize of $2,500 applicable to Graduate Studies for continuing students. Winners and runners-up also receive an official award Certificate.
The jury can also select one or two outstanding projects that receive a special commendation over all the winners.
- Robin Puttock Section - Juan Soto & Dasanie Pena
- Robert Ferrel Section - Sebastian VanDerbeck
- Lavinia Fici-Pasquina Section - Rocio Duarte
- Brian Donelly Section - Omar Alakeel
- Honorable Mention - Schola Eburuoh & Isabelle Cassidy